Shield

History of Loughborough Endowed Schools

The Loughborough Endowed Schools is a charitable foundation of three independent schools operating under a single Board of Trustees/Directors. The Foundation comprises Loughborough Grammar School, Loughborough High School and Fairfield Preparatory School. Loughborough Grammar School and Loughborough High School were established in 1495 and 1850 respectively whilst Fairfield Preparatory School has been an autonomous school since 1969. The schools enjoy a very high reputation for their academic, cultural and sporting achievements, and for the quality of their pastoral care. Situated at a very pleasant 39 acre campus on the south side of Loughborough, the Foundation began in 2008 a new phase of major capital developments, which will involve the replacement or renovation of all of the science facilities at the two senior schools.

The Loughborough Endowed Schools’ Foundation employs approximately 450 staff in both teaching and non-teaching roles. The three Heads are responsible for the management of educational activities whilst business aspects of the Foundation are managed by the Foundation Secretary and Treasurer through the centralized functions of finance, estates, health & safety, catering, the network services, human resources and the development office.

Our Legal Status

The Loughborough Endowed Schools' Foundation is incorporated as a company limited by guarantee, number 4038033, and is a registered charity, number 1081765.

Twenty-two voluntary governors are both trustees of the charity and directors of the company limited by guarantee. The Board of Governors meet frequently and the governors also operate ten functional committees, which have been formed to regulate and oversee the activities of the Foundation and the individual schools.